The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Not a super lot to report. Yesterday I tried unsuccessfully to buy an international telephone card (the attempts went like this: Me: Excuse me, do you have any international telephone cards? Them: No. Me: Do you know where I can find them? Them: No. Repeat 20 times.)

One thing I did do is cross the craziest street ever. I went to the Ramstore on Saturday, I thought I could get a lot of the stuff I needed there. I was told I could walk there, it's at my metro stop. Well I walked- forever! In the hot hot sun! It is not walkeable I have decided. I was really thinking that I should just turn around when I finally found it. However, it was on the other side of a HUGE roundabout. I had to cross 11 LANES of traffic with no stoplight! I stood on the side of the road for at least 5 minutes contemplating the situation and planning my strategy. Graceful? No. Successful? Yes. I made it!

Anyway, here are some pictures I took from the windows of my apartment.

Some apartments across from me:


Tin roofs:


It's hard to tell in the haze, but that's the Caspian behind the building.



A cafe and the street:



My courtyard:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home