The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Rushing

What do they want you to put down the toilet?

Me and the staff of a refugee center. We drank tea, ate cucumbers, and sang Russian songs until Oksana dragged me away:

Hello loved ones!

This afternoon I am leaving for the regions, and it has finally happened to me- i look like a granola hippy backpacker. Earth tones, big backpack, yup. But no big boots or tevas! I have my limits!

I'm still trying to set up interviews, it's all pretty seat of the pants. But I'm just crossing my fingers and plunging in. For Ganga I have a bunch of interviews planned, but right now for Shekhi I have only one! And I'll be there first! I've got some leads to hunt down though.

The last few days have been hectic. Notes:

-got my Russian visa!
-met the first reader of my "news" blog!
-had longest interview to date (over 3 hours!!!!)
-met with a lot of human rights org's recently, very interesting
-walk so much!
-yesterday was crazy windy! see frizzy head in abive picture.
-met a truly inspirational person here

Things have been good. Rest of Azerbaijan, here I come!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home