The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Home! Home! Home!

I'm in Connecticut. I've actually been here since Monday, and it's Friday! When I come home I sink into slothdom and laziness.... I've had a headcold since Moscow which is only encouraging this tendency, need to call Tonette, still sitting on the couch, however.

Again, I've waited too long and don't know how to capture everything I've done! St. Petersburg was very nice, spent the second day at the Hermitage, had a nice time, came back to Moscow and had a great last weekend.

Me at the kitschy fantastic VDNX:


Me and Maren Novodevitchy monastary (it was closed when we got there, bleen!)


Me and Maren went out on Saturday night to Kitaisky Lyotchik, one of my favorite places in Moscow. There was a concert with one of the guys from 5nizza, and then dancing to the crazy music they always play. They were playing 1) blocks of 90s hip hop of the cheesy pop variety 2) retro cheesy pop (ghostbusters!) 3) reggae/dancehall 4) new hip-hop/r&b. It was so much fun, great crowd, all kinds of differeny people, exacgtly the type of fun I love in Moscow.

Pics of St. Pete:

Me at the Hermitage:


Church of the Spilled Blood, built on the spot where Alex III (or was it II?) was assassinated:


Canal:

Home is good. The flight was good. I sat next to a very nice young woman named Yulia, she's Russian, is form Kyrgyzstan, but now lives in New Jersey. 10 hours of endurable boredom, not bad. Home has been treating me good, enjoying my time with my parents, seeing my sister, relaxing, being congested.

I guess that's it! It's simply not interesting to talk about watching TV and sleeping. THe adventures are over, it would seem. I'm sure there will be more, but for now, it's just me, in the USA.

Everything was amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home