The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

There's no place like home

I hit that point today- the point where i want to go home. I think the combo of that last week in Baku, plus today in st. petersburg have worn me out completely and i want to sleep and relax now. Moscow as been nice, it all came back to me, and I remember my way around etc. It is super expensive though- US prices! 10 bucks for lunch! I don't spend that much at home! But fun, and alive, and all the good things that a big city can be. And comfortable!

Last night I wook the night train to Peter, shared a coupe with an anti-semite (he said it- Ia- antisemite) and a theater director and a sleeping lady. First time i slept on a train, it was nice. Arrived at 5:30AM!!! Wandered around and stuff until things started to open, saw nevsky prospect, had breakfast. went to the museum of political history- BORING! then to peter and paul fortress- OK. but i was tired, unshowered, and my feet hurt, so i ledt without going in anything there and went to the hostel and showered and had some tea. then i tried to go to the kunstkamera, but the line was INSANE! and so more wandering. i went to the place where my friend's guidebook said the central post office was because i wanted to try to call royal. the post office was NOT THERE. i spent so much time going in circles around this neighborhood. Finally figured out a system- find internatioanal payphone. go to post office, get payphone card. try to find working payphone. call. mobile phone switched off!! cry. seriously, i was so frustrated with EVERYTHING at that point. Since then i've eaten and now i'm doing email. Tomorrow i'm doing JUST THE HERMITAGE- hopefully i won't mess that up.

St. Pete is very beautiful and wonderful. I'm just having technical difficulties.

But it all adds up to me tired- physically exhausted and emotionally stressed. I'm ready for home. just a bit more fun in moscow first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home