The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Shirvan

Whew.. just too many pictures this weekend! So I'm uploading a batch to my flickr account here, the Shirvanshah folder.

Went to Shirvanshah's palace in the old town on Saturday- a 15th century complex with a mosque, tombs, official and living areas, and a bath complex, very beautiful. My favorite place:


It's hard to capture in the picture, but it is a room, octagonal, with six sides open archways looking out onto the courtyard. Shirvan, the Shah, would hold official meetings here. I can just imagine... sitting on the ground, on carpets, grouped around in the space.. I don't know what it is, but I really like this space. The openness of it, I really don't know how to explain.

It was SO HOT on Saturday that I could feel my shoes melting and boy did I get a tan.

End of Monday already here, I'm running out of brain power, but I'll just say I'm making a big push on the interviews, have some interesting meetings planned this week, + I am starting Azeri lessons tomorrow! It should be great! A whole fresh new language, without all the baggage like I have with ze Rahshan.

Ok, seriously tired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home