The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Me in general

You know, in th elast month I've gone to see Amartya Sen (sure you noticed that!), Christopher Hitchens, and Michelle Norris (NPR)- not to shabby at all really. So many interesting people coming to campus. Better enjoy it now- leaving the ivory tower eventually!

I've been studying, studying, studying. Reading, reading, reading. Presenting, presenting (only twice!). + again on Wednesday though. My classes? Sharani's seminar on Muslim societies- GREAT! International Development? GOOD. Democratization? zzzzzzzzzzzz oh i'm sorry was I sleeping? Cause the class is BOR-RING! Why are political scientists so obssessed with theory divorced from reality? Well, everything in life has a puropse, and this class (which I'm sure other people are enjoying) has shown me that I'm not, in fact, a political scientist, as I had thought. I'm still a political animal though. And Russian: what is it about language classes that regresses you back to high school? It's fine, I'm learning, I need to stay up on the homework better so that I won't have to bribe my teacher with candy again.

Besides that, I'm just livin'. Long hauls in the carrel. Feeling less stressed though which is good. Looking forward to Halloween!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home