The Amazing Adventures of Denise

Hello everybody! Follow my wild and crazy adventures around the world right here on my blog.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Pie, neoliberalism, carrel.

I have a 10AM meeting tomorrow for class. Yes, that's right. On a SATURDAY. Because we have a 12 deadline. I think it is cray-zee! In terms of courseload, i think this is hte most I've had since my very first semester here, when I was taking all the SPEA core classes and staying up until 3AM crying in my econ book. So tonight, FRIDAY night, I am going to be reading, here, at home, all by myself. PARTY TIME!

But it is intersting, and definitely worth it! The three seminars are flowing along in a cohesive whole, covering similar topics from different perspectives. For example, the current neoliberalism- what this means for democratization, development theory, and state society relations. This has come up in each class, in its own way. VERY satisfying. But i'm reading like it's my job, 5 hours a day in my carrel, more at home.....

This gives me no time to do what I want to do, which is resurrent the IUCLU and write an article on neoliberal groups in the Caucasus for Neweurasia. And sew things. And spend time with friends.

Oh yeah! I baked a pie yesterday. A peach pie with peaches from the farmers market. It is a messy pie, but tasty.

Yeah I'm boring now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pie! That's impressive!

So are all the smart school type things... but I can relate to those.

Baking pie, however, man that rocks.

(I reread this and it comes across as sarcastic. I assure you, it is not. I am very impressed. I'm not sure I have ever used the stove in my new apartment. That is why I have a husband. Oh wait... I heated him up some soup when he was sick... doesn't really count... especiall because I couldn't figure out the electric can opener and had to ask.)

-T

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home